T.G.I.F -- Let's go make a Gal.ette!

Okay... so that title was my attempt at a cheer/chant of some sort, but did not work for many different reasons, such as:
1) I'm a terrible cheerleader
2) This is a post with no audio, so no one can hear that it's supposed to be a chant that sort-of rhymes-- and then I had to disclose that it was a cheer and now... awkward... but would you expect anything less?  haha 

Anyways... let's go back to the beginning of the weekend:
     Halfway through my Friday workday, I found myself at Bennigan’s trying to get a little work done.  I know you may be thinking, “Really?  Sit in a restaurant/bar on Friday and work… yeah right!”  Actually, this is quite normal for me.  Not that I’m an alcoholic who spends her days drinking, but on days where I keep getting distracted and can’t get anything accomplished at my normal office (aka—my living room) I will often go to Bennigan’s to have some pub chips or coffee.  When I’m somewhere else other than home, I am forced to get work done without looming thoughts of things such as the piles of laundry waiting to be done in the next room. 
     As the Friday, happy hour crowd started to file in around 4PM and their “spirits” began to lift (no pun intended… actually that’s a lie, totally meant it!!) I found the stress and seriousness of the last few weeks of work, travel and horrible weather begin to fade and I realized that I wanted nothing more than to join all the happy people around me!! J  I promptly called Steph to join me.  We had a cocktail and decided to wander from Bennigan’s to Fat Daddy’s, The Corral, Diamond Jim’s and finally Raapers where we met up with our 3rd Amiga Sara.  
     Long story and a few cocktails later we were ending the evening at the Depot on the dance floor.  Epic night!  The end.
     Come Saturday, while nursing the sore muscles from our legendary evening of dancing the evening before, I decided to try out my newest cookbook, Meatless.  
     I have had it for a few weeks now, but haven’t had a chance to make anything from it yet.  Since I already have an unusually large collection of cookbooks, a new one needs to be worthy of the shelf space.  I usually try one or two recipes and then depending on the result, the book earns a coveted place in my collection or a pre-printed postage label back to Amazon.com.  If I judge the entire cookbook based on the first recipe I tried, it is a definite keeper!  The Harvest Vegetable Galette with Greens and Goat Cheese was phenomenal!! Beets, potatoes, carrots, chickpeas, greens, and goat cheese.  What's not to love?!?!  I enlisted the help and company of Steph for a good old-fashioned Girl’s Night, which as it turns out was a great idea because flipping the galette was a little more difficult that I imagined.  But, don’t let that stop you from trying the recipe though—chances are it will make for a good story.  

Looks just like the picture!  YAY Steph & Kayla!!!








Delicious!
Bon Appétit!

RECIPE LINK

Labels: , , , , , ,