Homemade Refrigerator Pickles

     Yet another recipe from the "sacred" drawer of family recipes in my Mom's kitchen:
REFRIGERATOR PICKLES!

     With the over-abundance of cucumbers from my Uncle's garden, Mom & I decided to make a batch of delicious refrigerator pickles.  They are so easy and delicious to make... mmm mmm mmm.... If you've never had them, try them today!
     First thing's first- Use a MANDOLINE -- If you don't have one, get one, ASAP!  They are amazing for slicing things thin, thick, and completely uniform in size.  My mom's only slices, but I have one at home that does multiple different shapes and cuts...  what a great kitchen investment-- you won't be disappointed!
Clean the cucumbers...
Mix the vinegar mixture...
Slice the onions...
Slice the cucumbers:
Mix cucumbers and onions together...
Pour vinegar mixture over sliced veggies...
     Mix all together, cover and put in the fridge until ready to eat.  In my opinion, it usually takes 1-2 days to taste how I like them.  They keep in the fridge for a long time!  D.E.L.I.C.I.O.U.S!

Refrigerator Pickles:
Mix together sliced cucumbers and onions.  In another bowl, combine vinegar, sugar, celery salt and salt in a bowl.  Pour liquid mixture over vegetables.  Keep in a covered container in the refrigerator (I used an old ice cream pail).



RECIPE LINK

Labels: , , ,